Friday, September 4, 2009

Uh oh.

Is it wrong that I'm enjoying teaching entirely too much? Telling these kids how to do things properly? Pointing them in the right direction when they're doing it wrong? I've yet to go all Dr. Cox from Scrubs on them, but at the same time, I feel that ain't no proper way yet. I'ma see though. I won't take any signs of disrespect or lack of respecting my authori-tah.



At the same time, it was recommended to me today that - the students are only 5 years younger than me... you can get some numbers, I was told. And this was from a 26-year old female. Her line of reasoning was, when you're 30, they'll be 25. And that's proper. I flirted with the thought. Heck, it won't matter though. When I'm 26, I'll already have a wife (say what?). But nah. I can't do it, it's mad weird. I'm stickin to my age group (there is potential there, though - lead me not into temptation, Lord). But I'm seriously enjoyin' teaching em how to draw. But as a person, I don't think I could be a professor full-time - they simply don't get paid enough. On a side note - grad school's goin mad well. My thesis proposal was well-received, my first studio-project has metaphorical, analogical, literal, and anagogical meaning - TAing goin well, and I feel more @ home at FIU in 2 weeks than I did @ UM in around a year. Hahaha, you know you're @ FIU when the studio jury review snacks are plantain chips and Chek soda. Lovin it.

^----MAN is that worm gonna get it in about two seconds - I need to get this book for some peoples I know. On a related not, wish I could bottle my metabolism and sell it though, I'd make millions - def got challenged to an eating contest during a friend's Bday dinner tonight - took out an entire pepperoni pizza, 1/4 of someone else' supreme, a caramel cake, caesar salad, 4 glasses of water, and one of wine. And still fine. That's the reason I work out. Four months back @ my yearly checkup, doc says, with your diet and metabolism, you could bulk up in no time. All this food's gotta be put to good use. But HA, after eatin all that, I got looks of both reverence and hatred from the women present. They can't eat like that. Awww. I shed a tear for you. Oh, no, wait, that's a raindrop.

FOOTBALL SEASON COMIN UP! J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS! Last note. They told me women are more in touch with their emotions than men. Right. So that's why whenever I ask some of them, "What's wrong?" They say, "Nothing." Right. Yea. And as tradition, I part with the wise words of that man among boys, Charles.

No comments:

Post a Comment