Tuesday, September 1, 2009

...The frost...Sometimes it makes the blade stick.


...so I remember being @ the Seaquarium a few weeks back with my friend Claudia, watching the dolphin show, and secretly wishing that one of the dolphins would just throw their toy at the audience, leap up onto the stage, and shout, "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?! ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!" - and today I get to be. Got the new Blu-ray release of my favorite movie, Gladiator. My life is complete. If you still don't know what Blu-ray is, you need to get on the ball. The hell?! I've been on it for 2 years now. You. Yea you with your bootleg DVDs. Get on it. Don't tell me you can't see a difference. Sidebar on the Seaquarium trip - gave an impromptu seminar on pufferfish and parrotfish to a few mildly amused elementary school kids. They were actually paying attention! Oh shi- I thought kids these days were all about their sequels and video games.
Got a mad good glimpse of that FIU education today. My studio professor is talking to the student behind me, telling her she should look into Ethiopia for inspiration for her conceptual project. She goes, "Ethiopia? Where's that? How do you spell it?" Word? Bishes can't spell Ethiopia? Not even find it on a map? I'ma bring an atlas for this broad next time, ask her to find for me Borneo, Swaziland, Andorra, Suriname, and Bhutan. Hell, for that matter, can any of you? If you can't find these countries on a map, how can I EVER expect you to make me delicious international cuisine?! I can't live on sammiches alone like this guy. At least he looks happy. But damn, there's a trophy wife right there:


But I'm out. New mantra is 2 hours of working out a day and a protein-heavy diet. Already put on 4 solid pounds since I started a month ago. Watch out now....and again, I leave you with the wise words of my man Charles:

1 comment:

  1. "Word? Bishes can't spell Ethiopia?"

    Love it.

    In 7th grade I failed Geography, not because I didn't study or wasn't good at it, but because my family pulled me out of school for exam week to go to this huge conference in Taiwan, Hong Kong and China. The teacher then told me that I didn't care about school and would never accomplish anything. Dumbass didn't think to realize that I was out exploring the world he was trying to teach people about from text book.

    Oh the world we live in.

    ReplyDelete